.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, March 25, 2005

One Would Dare to Die

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one would scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--buit God shows His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8 One dared to die for radical sinners. Only One gave himself for the filth of the world that we can have garments of white. Only One can love so freely, so unconditionally, so fully. A death that smothered wrath and brought us mercy. A death that was predestined before the ages to bring sons and daughters to the Father. Mediating peace and forgiveness, His death satisfied sheer holiness and accomplished complete righteousness--yes, a Lamb without spot or blemish, slain from the foundations of the world, who takes away the sins of the world. His name is Jesus--"the One who would save His people from their sins." He died. He arose. He lives forevermore. Each year, yea each day testifies to the resurrection of Christ Jesus and victory through suffering. My lips were crying, "Crucify!", yet the one who would dare to die cried, "Father, forgive them." Amazing love, how can it be? That you my God should die for me! Love so amazing, love so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all. May our hearts be riveted by the radical life and death of Jesus of Nazareth, Heaven's Treasure, our Savior, and the One who lives forevermore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my heart, prone to wander in the wastelands. I stumble in the darkness, with my back to the light... I claim to search for truth, but search half-heartedly... I claim to know Christ, but only in convenient times. I am no righteous man, but fortunate for my soul that Christ did not come to save the "righteous," but the ungodly from their state! May my heart be riveted by the radical life and death of my Saviour... may my heart be true!

3/27/2005 01:25:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true that one would dare to die. I'm one grateful man who is and was changed from the old ways of my past. As I read this a thought occurred to me-It only takes one to reach our own world around us. I want to be the one to influnce people in my life for the gospel of Christ. It only took one-JESUS- to change the world, as we must become united as ONE to spread the good news about our dear precious Lord and Savior. Every Sunday is Easter Sunday to the believer. A question was asked, what is the definition of a friend. The most provocative answer was "A friend is someone who walks in when the whole world walks out." I thought who but Jesus could take even the most difficult, tragic situation and give you hope for tomorrow, love for eternity and give you an outlook on life,a new life, that will stand the test of time and eternity. I thank God each day for sending His Son to die for a poor wretched sinner who deserved nothing but hell. Ican truly say I've never regreted accepting Jesus Christ as the Lord of my life. Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

3/27/2005 07:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005