.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Random Stuff for week of 5/1-5/8

* Yahoo has just updated their free e-mailing service from 250MB to 1GB! Isn't that great?! Now I don't have to delete all that recycled emails and forwards I inevitably get. * I have been graciously given the opportunity to shoot a little with Todd Pellowe, a new friend and fantastic photographer. He exlusively shoots weddings and is one of the most sought after photographers in Lousville and Western Kentucky. He has become like a mentor to me in the world of photography. You can check out his work at his link on the sidebar. * John Piper has written the 4th edition of The Swans Are Not Silent, a series of books with biographical sketches of great history makers of our faith. This edition, called Contending for Our All, includes the lives of Athanasius (298-373), Church Father of orthodoxy, John Owen (1616-1683), great Puritan pastor and theologian, and J. Greshem Machen (1881-1937), 20th century theologian. Secondly, he has also written a new book called God Is the Gospel: Meditations on the Love of God as the Gift of Himself. I am especially pumped about reading this book. Both are expected to be in print later this year. * Albert Mohler, the President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (which I am a student), has been in recent days under fire for his comments on Catholicism as well as "Justice Sunday". He has been given the mantle to carry the gospel into the very heart of the culture war and contend for the faith amongst competing ideologies and worldviews. I encourage you to check out his site and blog at www.albertmohler.com. I guess that's all for now. I will post these randomly as random stuff comes to my mind. I will just try to be randomly consistent for the sake of randomness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barrett said...

email me at barrettfb@gmail.com and i will invite you to have a gmail account.
accounts with gmail have 2.175 GB of space right now, and climbing. you can only get Gmail by invitation, but i have 50 invitations, so i don't mind.

5/09/2005 12:10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005