.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Rabbit's Foot Phenomena

Maybe someone can help me with this. I was in a locksmith place with Todd today and noticed the big 80's trend of the rabbit's foot. When I was a kid, I thought, "Man that's cool, and it's soft!" Now that I am little bit older (though it can be argued that I am still a kid), my first thought was, "Is that really a dead rabbit's foot? How sick is that?!" My next thoughts were, "Why did they put warm fuzzy stuff on a dead rabbit's foot? And why in the world was this on my G.I. Joe keychain?" Maybe you can help explain to me this weird phenomena. I know we live in the day of novelty and trends, but this one just hit me odd. I mean, "What made this a good-luck charm?" I just don't get it, and I got wigged out by it. Did you every buy a rabbit's foot? Come on, be honest. I did, and I don't know why. Granted I was at the same time buying slap bracelets and Pop Rocks, and maybe I didn't know any better. But I am curious to know what made this so popular. Any answers?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rabbit's foot is supposed to be a good luck charm for fertility because of the rabbit's ability to reproduce. That's all I know.

6/02/2005 10:18:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005