.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

God Is the Gospel!

I just so happend to be browsing around, doing some research, and found out that the book Piper had been writing earlier this spring is coming out. I love to read Piper's works, but this one I am especially excited about. I have learned a great deal from this man (who I consider one of my greatest living mentors), but none probably as precious as the central truth that God is the gospel. He is not simply a means to something better. He is the means and the end! The goal in all of life is to have Him, to cherish Him, to treasure Him, to be ravished by Him, to be one with Him. This is good news. This is the gospel! Bibliographical Info: Piper, John. God Is the Gospel: Meditations on God's Love as the Gift of Himself. Crossway Books. Retail Price: $17.99 (Will be Available in September 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005