.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Making of a Christian Hedonist

A couple of weekends ago, our relatives came up for a visit, and I thought I'd work on the making of Christian Hedonists. So, to begin with, I thought I'd start with my nephew, Logan, who turned seven months that Saturday. Now I am not a paedobaptist, but I just wondered what kind of reception he would give to the Quest for Joy tract which I usually hand out. Here's his three-step response: #1. Eat It Up! (Taste and see that the Lord is good!) #2. Tear It Up! (Background music: Shane & Shane "I want it all.") #3. Stick It In Yo' Hip Pocket! (for Further Pleasure) (" . . . at your right hand are pleasures forevermore") I don't know. It seems like he went to town on this one. We'll just have to wait for some fruit to determine how well the seed was planted. You know what they say, you can never start to early (it's about time I took this children evangelism thing seriously). With us Southern Baptist on a mission for one million, I wouldn't be surprised if Logan qualified for a candidate in some churches. While we say we don't practice infant baptism, well, we sure are getting close . . .

And oh, if you are wondering, I don't think that there is a better tract out there to give folks than this one. If there is anyone who is down with the message in Quest for Joy, it certainly is P&P!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say HEDONISM??????????this is great humor...your title drew me in...your pictures made me laugh!

11/02/2005 12:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005