.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Response to Ready for Reformation?

I am beginning my response to Dr. Tom Nettles' book Ready for Reformation?: Bringing Authentic Reform to Southern Baptist Churches. What I have decided to do is give 10 reasons why every Southern Baptist should read and carefully consider this book, and as a follow-up, I will write a short review of Dr. Nettles' argument. Each of the "10 Reasons" will be short but hopefully convincing enough to encourage you to not only get the book, but make it a priority to read it in the immediate future. I believe the SBC is poised for real change. Many SBCers like myself are tired of the triumphalistic attitudes of SBC denominational leaders and want real reform. Winning the battle over inerrancy and the resurgence of conservatism doesn't guarantee us anything, except the temptation to stay in a prideful disposition where reform is not welcomed. To this I say, semper reformanda. Let us seriously set aside theological or ecclesiastical differences and seek for the greater good and betterment of the SBC.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos...

That sounds like a great book. I totally concur with your assertion that many want honesty about the future not a fixation on the past. It was great that we kept our doctrinal purity but even the devil has sound theology.

11/12/2005 04:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005