.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Playing Catch Up

For the past week, I have had to put a freeze on any posting because of the providential circumstances of my grandfather passing away coupled with finals, papers, and holidays. I feel as thought life has stood still while deadlines have passed me by. I only hope that in the upcoming days the short time I have will find redemption in quality study time and writing. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Today we held his memorial service, and tomorrow morning my family and I will travel 7 hours to where he will be laid to rest. Hopefully that long drive can be utilized for some good meditation, prayer, and reading. Tonight, I had just a few moments to breeze through the blogosphere to catch up on all that I have missed over the past couple of weeks. I can't really say that I have caught up on anything, but I thought I'd mention a couple of things I found in the few moments I have had. Purgatorio has posted a hilarious tidbit called "You Might Be Emerging If . . .". You have to check that out. Also, if you have ever wondered what your surname ranks in popularity, you can find it out here (HT: EO). Brister is ranked 6,522. Can anyone guess what number 1 is??? And don't ask me how I found this guy. He calls himself "Reformed, Catholic, and Pentecostal." He also seems to hate "fundamentalists" (a.k.a. "fundies"). I don't know how anyone could honestly reconcile these together, and it seems like I end up finding more and more weird blogs every week! Finally, on a more serious matter, Wade Burleson, a trustee of the IMB, has written an open letter to the SBC concerning their new policies on baptism and speaking in tongues (HT: Steve McCoy). For the record, there are some that have referred to P&P as "Provocations and Panties." Let me assure you, this blog is rated PG. I don't think I need to expound on this, and I don't want to get myself in trouble for doing so. Time to get back to the business at hand - sleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that your back to posting Tim. My surname didn't make the top 55,000 most common names so therefore, according to the site, it "doesn't exist." ;) Hope you're doing ok and I'll see you on Monday.

12/01/2005 11:34:00 AM

 
Blogger Kenan said...

My surname is number 14,835 in the USA!

I am surprised it made it to the top 55,000.

12/02/2005 01:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005