.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mohler, Larry King, and Gays in America - Tonight

Tonight, on the Larry King Live show, Dr. Al Mohler will be debating with gay leaders over the recent success of the movie Brokeback Mountain (i.e. Golden Globe Awards - Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, and Best Original Love Song). It will be interesting to see if the issue of Chad Allen (outspoken homosexual) playing Nate Saint in the movie The End of the Spear will be mentioned. Some have argued that evangelicals are on a homosexual witch hunt. I will be praying for Dr. Mohler and ask that you would too. The show airs tonight at 9:00 p.m. EST. Transcripts should be available here following.

4 Comments:

Blogger myleswerntz said...

why is it when the media wants a spokesperson for Christianity they point to either Mohler or Fallwell? can you pick anyone more caricature? when will the church learn to just not walk into these beartraps?

1/17/2006 08:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Zach Terry said...

Hey Timmy,
It's about to start and I'm praying with you for Dr. Mohler. On of the sermons on his website talked a lot about Christianity going on the offensive and taking back ground that has be surrendered over the past few decades. Hey, if we keep doing what we have been doing we will keep getting what we have been getting. Passive Christianity hasn’t worked. I think Dr. Mohler is very wise to speak out on this issue as well as his recent comments on procreation in marriage. Let’s stand with him!

1/17/2006 09:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Myles,

Let me say that I would rather have Dr. Mohler than Ted Haggard any day. As a matter of fact, after hearing him tonight, I believe he is the best spokesman for orthodox Christianity in our land (not that I did not believe that earlier, but the belief was underscored with his clarity and conviction tonight).

Caricature of Christianity? Beartraps? Please. Your rhetoric does not resonate. I assume that you know of a better spokesman for Christianity. I would like to hear your suggestions. Maybe you yourself would be a more worthy representation. If that is the case, I will notify Larry King myself.


Zach,

Great to see that you are blogging! I will check in your blog later.

1/17/2006 10:07:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished watching the show and thought Dr. Mohler and Janet Paschal? did a great job. I thought they stated the Christian worldview in an articulate and compassionate way. I also was glad that Chad Allan brought up the film "End of the Spear" and mentioned Nate Saint.

This was a good "conversation" and I pray that God will use this in drawing others to Him. (I am very excited to see "End of the Spear"!)

1/17/2006 10:59:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005