.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Resuming . . .

Well, I am back from Ecuador. As you can see, we arrived back two days earlier than I had expected (that's what you get when you don't read the trip itinerary!). There are many things I would like to say, lessons I have learned, experienced I shared, truths which have transformed my life, etc., and I hope to share some of them with you in the days ahead. Being out for almost two weeks sets one back a little bit, so I have been playing catch up (laundry, email, bills, etc.) and hope to get around to posting in the next day or two. As far as the photography goes, I was able to capture most of what we experienced. However, I will not be able to share the majority of the photos (I took 2,742 photos or 22GB worth) during the eight days we were in Ecuador. If you would like to see the photos which I produce, then feel free to check out my album on my flickr page. I have also been thinking about the blogging medium quite a bit as it has been a part of our discussion with my prof and other students who went with me on the trip. Upon getting back, I was saddened to know that Alan Kurschner (Calvinist Gadfly) and Marc Heinrich (Purgatorio) will not be actively blogging anymore (which were two of my favorites). Along these lines, let me direct you to Bob Kauflin's (Worship Matters) posts which deal with my earlier post about my frustration/concern with blogging. He has provided three posts which are important to a Christian ethic when blogging. They are: * Blogging to Worship God 1 - Content * Blogging to Worship God 2 - Attitudes * Blogging to Worship God 3 - Motives Also, it's amazing how much you miss when you are gone for just a couple of weeks. Hearing news of John Piper's prostrate cancer was upsetting as was hearing that my father had a gall bladder attack this past week. Both will be in surgery this Friday, and I ask that you keep them in your prayers. Well, I am on my way back to that Browntown called UPS.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenan said...

Welcome back, Tim.

1/12/2006 12:58:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005