.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy 30th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Mom and Dad, originally uploaded by Sola Lumina Captura.

30 years ago to this day my mother and father entered into a covenant relationship for life. My brother and I have been the wonderful recipients of an incredible couple. For our entire lives, we have been given front row seats in the love-affair of these two wonderful people. None of us get to pick the family we are born into (and parents for that matter); but were I given the choice, without a doubt I would choose my own two parents. They are simply the best. So mom and dad, I am honored to have you as my parents, role models, and friends. Your Christ-like love for one another has overflowed into my life and now my marriage. May the Lord give you many more years together to cherish one another and treasure Jesus Christ! And may love and joy this day abound more in your hearts than the first day when you said "I Do!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Scott and Pearl,

Yes, we will be in Athens from the 24th (Saturday) until the 27th (Tuesday afternoon). We would love to meet up with you guys if you are in town!

Also, I have been keeping your family in my prayers (as you requested earlier). May the Lord be an ever-present help in these times.

12/20/2005 07:55:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Timmy and your parents... Just checking in, haven't heard from you in a while...

12/21/2005 07:52:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your parents Tim.

12/22/2005 05:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005