.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

One in a Million . . .

It has been a discipline for me to publish a daily blogpost, but this week has been quite different. Since this is the week before Christmas, life at UPS Next Day Air headquarters is a little intense. In the past four hours, we shipped over 1.2 million packages in the next day air hub, with boxes still waiting to be shipped! Therefore, I have decided for this week to do a little overtime and double shift some. In just about an hour or so, I am going back for another eight hours of fun in hopes that UPS won't be the grinch to steal your Christmas presents from Santa's on-time delivery. In the meantime, here's a few things off the top of my head or that I am working on: * I have several blogposts in draft mode which I hope to publish once work slows down. Am I the only one who organizes their blogposts ahead of time? * In case you didn't know, I am leaving on Jan. 2, 2006 for a two week exploration/mission trip to Ecuador with the school. I am pumped about this as I will also be able to do a little photo journalism. I have preparing myself for this great opportunity afforded to me and pray that Ecuadorians will come to treasure Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! * Since I have been submerged in the emerging church, I have attempted to read up on some recent scholarship. The books in my book bag right now are Grenz's Beyond Foundationalism and Renewing the Center, Carson's Gagging of God and Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church, Reclaiming the Center (multiple authors), Steton's The Truth About Tolerance, Lindbeck's The Nature of Doctrine, and Smith's The Truth About a New Kind of Christian. * I hope to produce another bibliography for you bibliophiles which will be on the Emerging Church Movement. It will not be complete as it will not have any journal articles or secondary book references, but it will give you an idea on what's out (and what will be coming out next year). * Yesterday, I had the opportunity to partake in another photo shoot of a couple with whom I work with at UPS. They were exceedingly fun, and I hope to post some of their pics on my flickr page one I have converted and edited the images. * Two particular issues that have interested me in recent days is the various positions on the Incarnation as well as the Kingdom of God. I hope to spend some time during the break to explore these issues. If you would like to discuss these (or any other for that matter), please chime in. * Finally, I have started to catalog some of my library books on LibraryThing as you can see on the sidebar (scroll down). I hope to have the majority of my library cataloged before I leave for Ecuador in January. Also, there are many books I am looking to sell if anyone is interested. Regular postings hopefully will resume shortly. Right now, I am going to get about an hour of sleep before I strap on the boots again for another exciting day at work. Back soon . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Newell said...

No kidding! I just got off a couple of hours ago (I don't double shift...YET) and I'm exhausted.

It's good to know there's someone else from the seminary at UPS. Keep blogging and I'll keep reading!

12/23/2005 09:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Hey there.

Yep, we broke another UPS record today - 1.5 million boxes overnighted. Yikes. I can't believe that we actually ran out of all UPS resources (planes, cans, feeders, etc.).

Keep in touch. In what building do you work? I am wing building 2 in the Gray Outbounds (by the cafeteria). I made them put me on the closest belt to the cafeteria to make frequent runs during the night (just kidding).

12/23/2005 03:08:00 PM

 
Blogger Kenan said...

I hope that the trip to Ecuador goes well. I went to Ecuador last Spring and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I work in retail, and it has been crazy the past month. I get off at 9:00, and then I'll be driving to Alabama.

12/24/2005 11:42:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, have fun on your exploring mission trip thing! That's super cool!

Blessed holidays...

Mike

12/24/2005 12:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005