.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reflections on Donald Miller and Derek Webb Interview

This morning I listened to the entire chat with Donald Miller and Derek Webb which took place last night. At this moment, I am too tired to post my interaction, so for those of you who have listened to it, I am interesting in hearing your take on the interview. Because I spent a considerably large amount of time emailing folks, it is way past my bedtime. While I snooze, feel free to post your thoughts on what was said. I hope to find time soon to add my thoughts on the discussion. Here are some questions you might want to consider (or not): I. Did you hear anything that surprised you? II. Did you not hear anything that surprised you ( left out)? III. What stuck out the most in your mind (or that you enjoyed the most)? IV. What disappointments or concerns (if any) do you have in light of the interview? V. How do you think this interview will have an impact on future conversations?

1 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks Jimmy for the link. I looked all over the place for a way to download the thing but couldn't.

I hope to share my reflections after a while. I need to listen to it again as I too was multi-tasking and missed a couple of exchanges I needed better understand.

One quick thought: What do you think of Miller's denial in the leadership of the new movement in the evangelical world, presumably the emerging church movement? For one to have written several books and with huge numbers sold coupled with his extensive speaking schedule, I have to wonder why he shirks the idea and responsibility as a leader of such a movement (although Webb doesn't like to refer it as that).

Speaking of speaking engagements, on April 2, he will be speaking at the People's Church in Franklin, TN in both morning services. I think I am going to try to make it. Wanna go?

3/15/2006 07:30:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005