.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

T4G: Band of Blogger Attendees

Well today is the big day for Band of Bloggers. I must say that this has been a fun ride. I never thought that a little idea could turn into all this in a matter of a couple of weeks. I have only a few hours to nap before the marathon gets going, so this morning I thought I'd post the attendees as it stands via email notification. The names as you shall see are in alphabetical order. I have also included those who have emailed me who are attending who do not have blogs but are necessarily associated with the meeting as well as the wonderful volunteers who have graciously given their time and effort to assist me. Here they are:

Ricky Alcantar Humble Orthodoxy Michael Beach i-Pastor Michael Beasley The Armoury Caleb Billingsley Pressing Godward Adam Bishop Reformation Station Peter Bogert Stronger Church Timmy Brister Provocations and Pantings Tom Brouwer Truthseeker Josh Buice Practical Theology Discussions Dustin Butts The Once Dead Poet Tim Challies Challies Dot Com Dan Cruver Eucatastrophe Clif Cummings Grace Full Words John Divito Reformed Baptist Thinker Don Elbourne Locusts and Wild Honey Ed Elliott Affections Fixed Above John Estes God’s Fame for His Name Dwayne H. Ewers Sr. The Gospel and the Kingdom Ken Fields The World From Our Window Alex Forrest Alex Forrest’s Blog Kerry Gilliard Think! Jon Grindell Jim Harrison Spurgeonite Tabernacle Joe Harrod The Harrod Family Marc Heinrich Purgatorio Mike Hess The World From Our Window Travis Hilton Baptist Reform Chris Hinton Truth or Consequences John Hollandsworth Light Along the Journey Bob Kauflin Worship Matters Scott Lamb Wisdom of the Pages Mark Lauterbach GospelDrivenLife Garrett Lee Crux Andrew Lindsey Call to Die Paul Martin Kerux Noemata Clint Miller Ex Quo Chad Mondragon Vintage Faith Stephen Newell The Silent Holocron Chance Nichols Shaun Nolan Pastor Shaun Brandon Porter Covenant Life Today Mick Porter Unveiled Face David Price Espresso Roast Daniel Randle Christ and Culture Nick Reddin Truth or Consequences Jason Robertson Fide-O Brandon Rogers John Rush Anvil & Fire Matthew Sims Under Sovereign Grace Terry Stauffer New Lumps Justin Taylor Between Two Worlds Jordan Thomas Solus-Christus James Thompson Speak Plainly Tad Thompson Total Truth Garry Weaver Steve Weaver Pastor Steve Weaver Blake White Redeemed, Reformed, & Relevant Adam Wilder Brad Williams Sojourner Adam Winters Slimer and the Real Erasmus Danny Wright Carnivorous Caribou Bret Rogers Carolyn McCulley Solo Femininity (Church and Ministry Relations @ Sovereign Grace Ministries

Scott Anderson Director of Events & Books @ Desiring God Ministries Ken Boer Director of Music (Covenant life Church, Gaithersburg, MD) Mel Duncan Director of Church Relations @ Ligonier Ministries) Kevin Meath Director of Communications & Print Publishing @ Sovereign Grace Ministries

Volunteers: Brad Hughes Chris Dilly Ben Dockery Ben Brado Mark Dolan Terri Coobs Daniel Canales Stephen Newell K.J. Pugh James Risner It has been great to see many of you bloggers joining the Band of Bloggers Blog Directory. Let me encourage you to do so if you haven't. Also, James Thompson has already built a website template for The Band of Bloggers in which future posts will be made concerning the gospel, our lives, and the glory of God. It will serve as a residual and remembrance of what this is all about. Once the conference is over, the band of bloggers is just beginning. More on that to come later. Finally, please pray for a great meeting for us. While the blogosphere has the tendency to be very polemical and divisive, it is important to affirm the essentials of our faith and rally our hearts, lives, and ministries around the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pray that the Lord would do such a work in us and through us to impact our world and the blogsophere for the glory of Christ. Thank you.

- Timmy Brister

8 Comments:

Blogger D.R. said...

I just wanted to be the first to say great job today - very professionally done and from the turnout it looks to be an event that will continue in the future. I already posted on Dr. Mohler's announcement regarding his new blog on SBC issues. Thanks again for taking the time to put this together. I am sure the guys going to the Conference are even more thankful for the free rides and food. And BTW, it was great to finally get a chance to meet you face to face. We will have to get together for lunch or dinner some time this summer.

4/26/2006 05:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Jason Robertson said...

That is spelled Fide-O. :)

4/28/2006 03:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks Jason, I will make the correction.

Interseting note: The infamous "Charles" has linked up this post on his blog (really a conversation between him and Bob Ross) stating the following:

The Southern Baptist Convention is now bearing the fruits of Dr. Mohler's tenure. His professors have been turning out "preacher boys" for several years now. Following the lead of Dr. Mohler himself, these "preacher boys" are good at blogging but not so good at building Southern Baptist churches. (A prime example is Timmy Brister, a SBTS student and United Parcel Service employee who blogs about Calvinism and Reformed theology almost every day but rarely about his preaching and witnessing activities. The SBTS has so many student bloggers it even allowed Timmy to sponsor his very own blog conference).

Obviously Mr. Charles does not read my blog. Furthermore, he wrote in the past concerning me the following:

How are things at UPS, Timmy? I also want to ask you if Southern students are having trouble finding church positions? I hear that they are. Is it true that Southern Baptist churches are shying away from SBTS students because of the Hardshell indoctrination?

Keep those packages on time, Timmy!

Charles

And when you think Charles had say enough, he went on to say:

Are you afraid of a little dialogue, Timmy? If you have something of substance to contribute, please do, but all you have done so far is complain irrationally

TO BOB: I believe Timmy wants us to shut up about the born again before faith heresy.

Blogging is fine according to Timmy as long as you don't blog a view contrary to his! Otherwise he would have complained about all the SBTS student blogs which promote the BABF heresy. But since he is not complaining about their blogs, but is complaining about mine, I can only surmise that it's the CONTENT, and not the DIALOGUE, that he has a problem with.

TO TIMMY: Keep up the good work at UPS, Timmy!

Charles

Then to make on last slam, he writes the following:

I visited Timmy's blog and found multiple posts by Timmy. There are so many in fact that I began to wonder when he has time to deliver those UPS packages or attend the class lectures of Dr. Tom Nettles!

Then I began to look at the comments section and found that most posts have zero comments. Some have one or two, and a few have four. It looks like no one is reading Timmy's voluminous writings!

It must be discouraging to write so much for so few readers. I guess the blogosphere has so many "born again before faith" bloggers that Timmy is merely one voice among many. And not a very loud voice at that.

Timmy: You're welcome to visit The Calvinist Flyswatter anytime! Just don't quit your UPS day job.

Charles

Ironically, when "Charles" linked to my blog from his blog, I did not get a single link or reference from his blog and have yet to receive one to this day. It seems to me that his countless readers must all be on vacation.

I decided to not pursue a "dialogue" with "Charles" for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is the uncharitable and inflammatory nature of everything he writes whether it be a slanderous accusation or baseless provocation. In the past he has made the charge that SBTS students can't find positions in churches to pastor (hence me working at UPS) and now he calling me out on my life, conduct, Christian witness, and preaching.

Those who know me, who read my blog, who have been a part of my life know my faults, failures, and shortcomings as much as they know the fruit and blessings of the Lord in my life. Ironically, it is from the mouth of a complete stranger that calls into question my integrity and ministry. I am reminded of the words of Jesus when he said that "every carless word they speak" will be given an account on the day of judgment (Matt. 12:26-27). Given the serious and sobering nature of this judgement, I pray that I will not be reckless and careless in responding to such comments made by "Charles" or any other antagonist. I figured that I need not respond to the continuous venom spewing from Flyswatter but leave but entrust my life and doctrine to the Lord. What concerns me is my own tongue, not Charles', my own sin and judgment, not his.

So thank you Charles for being a vivid reminder that I place a tight reign on my tongue so as to speak what is honorable to the Lord and edifying to my brother, even if he disagrees with me. May the Lord use this to bring about greater humility and brokenness in my life and to not retaliate in defense to one who is supposed to already be dead to himself. Even so, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in His sight.

4/29/2006 05:05:00 AM

 
Blogger D.R. said...

Tim,

You know I struggle with Charles. I so want to show him constantly that he is wrong, but it's so difficult to get the guy to listen to anything. When he's wrong, he avoids the discussion; when he can, he changes the subject; when he finds a small opportunity, he bashes his opponents; and when he could show charity and humility, he chooses not to. Charles, I think, will eventually go away, but guys like him will always be around. My prayer is that he doesn't infect people who might otherwise see Christ in the doctrines of grace and in the Founder's movement in the SBC. Dust your feet off man! God has great plans for you!

4/30/2006 01:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thank you Daniel for your helpful words. At first, I must admit, I was angry that he would do such a thing, and I thought that I should vindicate my name and give a defense and what have you. But then I realized that I should not answer a fool according to his folly and that soft words turn away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger. Furthermore, I should consider myself as one who is crucified with Christ and leave my reputation and character into the hands of my Savior who knows me and judges me.

I think you are right in saying that Charles and his blog will soon pass away. My only fear is that there gullible people out there who will actually listen to what he and Bob Ross are saying. I will venture to say that everyone has a right to speak, but not everyone has the right to be heard. I hope that Christians will not fill their ears and minds with such ungodly and untruthful talk.

I (and am sure others as well) choose not to read or pay attention to them lest they think they have an audience (other than Bob Ross that is). Let's not fall into the trap and temptation with their tactics!

4/30/2006 03:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Jason Robertson said...

Fide-O has an "e"

5/01/2006 03:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Jason, keeping holding me accountable! I know what it is like to get the name wrong. My blog has been called the following:

Provocations and Paintings
Provacation and Panting
Provocatin' Panties

And I am sure others. That's why I refer to it often as P&P. Correction made. :)

5/01/2006 10:34:00 AM

 
Blogger Jason Robertson said...

Thanks Timmy.

5/03/2006 03:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005