.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

T4G: Band of Bloggers One Day Away!

I haven’t posted anything about the Band of Bloggers for a couple of days, but being that we are one day away, I thought I’d catch everyone up on things. Right now, I am finishing up on some loose ends of the logistics (i.e. transportation, volunteers, etc.). It looks like everything is ready to go.

Several of you who live in or near Louisville who blog have asked if you could attend Band of Bloggers even if you are not attending the conference. Let me just say that you are more than welcome to come! However, due to the plans already made and limited resources, some things may or may not be available (by this I mean food and gifts). But that is not the point of this meeting; rather it is about the glory of Christ and the blogs which we are looking to be good stewards of.

For those of you who are not attending and would like to be a part of the T4G Blog Directory be sure to check out my previous post and include your information. For those of you driving and needing directions, I also would like to direct your attention to this post.

As a side note, I would like to mention a few things which I am excited about. In our little Band of Bloggers meeting, there will be folks from some of my favorite ministries: Desiring God, Sovereign Grace, and Ligonier Ministries. I really look forward to meeting them as well and am grateful that they will be able to attend.

Finally, I want to thanks to those of you who have been so gracious to volunteer to help me. God has brought help from co-workers at UPS to SS teachers at church to fellow students at SBTS. To all of you I just want to express my gratitude and appreciation for you. Your joyful willingness to jump in and help has greatly encouraged me.

As this meeting takes place tomorrow, it is my earnest desire that what we do and talk about transcends two hours and unites our hearts and lives for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Over the past couple of weeks, it is has been a great joy to exchange numerous emails and conversations with those attending. Needless to say, I consider it a privilege to be named among them. Yet, in all of this, I believe we can all say that it is because of Jesus and his life-changing gospel message which we have received and take our stand and are saved (1 Cor. 15:1-2) that we glory. May He who alone is worthy of every blogpost be found on our lips and at the end of every sentence.

- Timmy Brister

********************************** T4G: Band of Bloggers Previous Posts:

Announcing Band of Bloggers Directions Announcing Panel Panel Theme Bloggers Book Gift Blog Directory

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Sweet! James thanks so much for doing this! Unfortunately, today I can't get anything to you because of the full load! (I am working on less than four hours of sleep at this moment!).

However, if you feel like it and have the time, feel free to take whatever information that is provided on the posts and use them however you like. Thanks again for making this possible.

4/25/2006 09:55:00 AM

 
Blogger JT said...

Timmy,

Thanks so much for your vision and for your gospel-centered generosity. I look forward to meeting you and the others.

JT

4/25/2006 03:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks Justin for checking in! I am looking forward to tomorrow as well. I really appreciate your encouragement and affirmation, brother, as well as your willingness to participate in the panel discussion!

4/25/2006 07:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005