.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

T4G: Band of Bloggers Book Gift

Today’s announcement (this has become a daily thing or so it seems) was something I really hoped to do for the bloggers attending the Band of Bloggers meeting. I just wasn’t sure if I could pull it off. To be honest, I couldn’t . . . Tim Challies and the great folks at Crossway did, so you can thank them for it.

Crossway is giving a free copy of Spiritual Birthline: Understanding How We Experience the New Birth by Stephen Smallman to every blogger attending the Band of Bloggers meeting. I am so grateful for their generosity regarding this endeavor! (By the way, this was one of the reasons I have requested your email reply if you plan to come. I want to be sure we have enough books for everyone!). This book was published just last month (March 6th to be exact), so hopefully you guys haven’t purchased it yet! Scott Lamb, a friend and blogger, has recently written a review of the book which he tags, “Spiritual Birthline is not a long book, but it really packs a lot of thought-provoking theology into the pages. I think it would make a great tool for study among church leadership.”

Thank you, Tim, for being so helpful in this matter! To the folks at Crossway, your generosity makes you not only an excellent publishing company but also excellent people. You have my respect and admiration. I speak on behalf of all those who appreciate your kindness and charity toward us. We are exceedingly grateful that you have demonstrated God's goodness. May this gift, which we warmly receive, find fruition not only in our studies but in our lives and ministries.

Regarding questions: Several have asked about the recording of the panel discussion. Right now, all I know is that it will be recorded. I do not know what format it will be (MP3, podcast, etc.) and don't know about the video streaming yet. I have other details I am still working on, though I doubt they will be ready to share tomorrow. We'll see. Being curious about all the correspondence I have had with everyone, I tallied up the emails sent and received over the past couple weeks regarding the meeting, and it is over 250! I feel like I know many of you guys already. :)

******************************** T4G: Band of Bloggers Previous Posts: ********************************

Announcing Band of Bloggers Directions Announcing Panel Panel Theme

4 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Oh, and please don't forget to email me your questions to be submitted to the panel discussion (the deadline is Sunday night so you still have some time.

4/19/2006 05:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Wow! Thanks Timmy, Tim and Crossway!

4/19/2006 11:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Just got word that the audio will be MP3's and will be available for everyone. Just thought I'd update ya'll on that.

I am not technologically savvy enough to know about podcasting. Could someone fill me in on that and what needs to take place to do such a thing? (forgive me for my ineptness)

4/19/2006 05:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Justice said...

Our church has worked with Crossway to purchase bibles to give out in our community. They were awesome to work with, truly a blessing.

4/25/2006 02:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005