.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

T4G: Band of Bloggers Panel Theme

The theme for the Q&A Panel Discussion will be “Blogging and the Glory of Christ.” I have given much thought to this over the weekend, realizing that not all of our blogs directly address this theme. Nevertheless, I believe as Christians, we blog for the purpose of God’s glory in Christ in whatever we do (1 Corinthians 10:31); therefore, it is fitting. It is my prayer that during this time we will discuss ways Christ may be displayed through the medium of blogging to advance the gospel and biblical truth. We want to contend for the faith once and for all handed down to the saints - all to the end purpose of magnifying His name.

Questions have been asked about the discussion and how it will be moderated. Here is what I am asking for those of you attending. Because the length is only one hour, not every question stirring in our minds will be able to be addressed. Therefore, I am asking you to think through 5-10 questions concerning blogging, the gospel, and the glory of God and email them to me (at gospelcentral@yahoo.com). In turn I will present them to the moderator. This will give you time to consider thoughtfully what exactly you would like to ask these guys. It will also ensure that our discussion is fruitful and substantive. Please have your questions emailed to me no later than this Sunday, April 23, 2006. I will turn them in that following Monday morning.

As I mentioned earlier, following the panel discussion there will be plenty of time to hang out and fellowship with one another. I have more details yet to mention, so please stay tuned for more to come. Together,

Timmy Brister As a postscript, let me take a moment to thank all of you who have been so affirmative and encouraging over the past couple weeks as I have worked in putting this together. Already I have experienced the Lord's kindness toward me through you, and I am honored to be numbered among you.

6 Comments:

Blogger James Thompson said...

I am willing to bring my MiniDV video camera to the panel, I'll have my camera in its big bag with me anyways, so if all the panelists and organizers are ok with it I am willing to record and post the materials on my site. It could make it available in Quicktime and MP3 format. All I would need is somewhere to setup my tripod since I don't have the steadiest of hands when it comes to shooting video.

If this is a good option I'm happy to do it. Email me: jwthompson2@gmail.com

4/18/2006 11:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Tim,

The recording aspect is still be worked out. I will make that known as soon as we hear something. And yes, if you have a question(s), feel free to email them to the address in the post. Thanks for your inquiry!

James,

Of course, with the recording (whether it be audio or video), I need permission to do such, so if things work out, and that is not provided for, then it would be great to use your stuff (that is, if you don't mind doing it). I will email you when I find something out.

4/18/2006 02:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

timmy,

i echo the desires of agent tim.

4/18/2006 07:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

I have contacted the folks helping with the audio, and we will have audio for of the panel discussion. What I do not know is the format it will be in (MP3, Podcast, etc.).

As far as the questions go, anyone who would like to submit questions for the panel can do so by the directions provided in the post. Thanks!

4/18/2006 08:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

thank you, timmy, that in choosing the theme for this panel, you are emphasizing the main thing as the main thing!

SDG

4/18/2006 09:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Well, we could have called it "Blogging, the Glory of Christ, and Fried Chicken," but that would have been too Southern Baptist.

I'm kidding of course! Not about the fried chicken part though. :)

4/19/2006 05:06:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005