.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, April 10, 2006

T4G: Announcing "Band of Bloggers" Fellowship

{Click to enlarge or download}

For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on putting something together for the bloggers who will be attending the T4G Conference, and I am happy to announce that there will be a “Band of Bloggers” fellowship on Wednesday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. in the Heritage Hall of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Registration begins earlier that afternoon, and it will end with sufficient time to grab a bite to eat and get to the conference early enough to get a good seat. A few details are still in the works (which I am excited about), but those will not be finalized until later this week. However, I felt it important to get the word out now so that as many of you can attend.

For many of us, this will be the only time of the year to get together and formally meet up, fellowship, and discuss the matter most in important in our lives and ministries—the gospel of Jesus Christ. Before the close of the fellowship, we will take a group photo of all those attending and will seek to make that available to everyone.

I have one request that I would like to make: If you are planning on attending, I need you to email me at gospelcentral@yahoo.com and provide your name, blog title, and a contact number. We need to know roughly how many to expect, and this will also create a directory of sorts for bloggers attending.

Also, if anyone attending is planning on bringing a camera and would like to share photos with one another, I have created a Flickr group called T4G. If you have a Flickr account (if not, it is free), you can join as a member and post as many photos as you would like.

Again, please email me with your contact information if you are planning to attend. If transportation is needed to and from the Galt House, please let me know as well. I pray that this time will be encouraging and memorable for us all.

Timmy Brister

Note: If you would like to promote this on your blog, feel free to do so, but please tag the post with a request for an email response for those attending. The picture can be download and used as well. The details remaining to be finalized will be announced ASAP. Note 2: For those interested on having a link on your sidebar, you can get it here (the resolution is 244x125). If want other options go here and click on "all sizes" above te picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

did this once before, it was very cool. Here is the short post I did on it: Been to the River Nile

4/13/2006 02:57:00 PM

 
Blogger FX Turk said...

I was sick before when I knew I couldn't got to T4G. Now I'm beside myself: what was before a fantastic opportunity to receive teaching from some of the greatest teachers of our day -- in true ecumenical spirit -- is now a great opportunity to meet the rest of you blog-happy Christians.

I am reaping the harvest of sloth -- I tried to sign up too late!

WOE UNTO ME! [snfl]

4/20/2006 04:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005