.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Journeying On

Well, after 9,319 words, 19 pages, and 8 posts dealing with the SBC, I think this prayer has spoken for my heart. It is called "Journeying On" and is found in the Valley of Vision.

LORD OF THE CLOUD AND THE FIRE,

I am a stranger, with a stranger’s indifference; My hands hold a pilgrim’s staff, My march is Zionward, My eyes are toward the coming of the Lord, My heart is in thy hands without reserve. Thou hast created it, redeemed it, renewed it, captured it, conquered it. Keep from it every opposing foe, crush in it every rebel lust, mortify every treacherous passion, annihilate every earthborn desire. All faculties of my being vibrate to thy touch; I love thee with soul, mind, body, strength, might, spirit, affection, will, desire intellect, understanding. Thou art the very perfection of all perfections; All intellect is derived from thee; My scanty rivulets flow from thy unfathomable fountain. Compared with thee the sun is darkness, all beauty deformity, all wisdom folly, the best goodness faulty. Thou art worthy of an adoration greater than my dull heart can yield; Invigorate my love that is may rise worthily to thee, tightly entwine itself around thee, be allured by thee. Then shall my walk be endless praise.

Ah, just when I needed some perspective from the Puritans! This is the panting of my heart and the prayer for my day. I hope you are as encouraged by it as I have been.

1 Comments:

Blogger broadstone said...

Good stuff. Glad you have continued to write and link for us on this topic. This too is ministry.

Sent an email to a yahoo address you had given to an Elijah a few days back...I hope you received the invitation.

Grace and Peace,

Kelly Bridenstine

5/24/2006 04:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005