.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, June 30, 2006

POTW :: 06.30.06 :: stepout

{Click to enlarge}
This was taken last month at a wedding I shot with my good friend Dan. It is located about an hour away from Louisville in a small town called Brandenburg. The venue was quite nice and the weather that day was perfect. This little bridge lead to the woods and an outhouse (which I had just visited). However, what strikes me about this image was that shortly after taking it, my lens defaulted and has not been the same since! :( It is operational but not without personal frustration and frequent mechanical failure. Oh well, I guess I need to get used to shooting prime lenses better anyway. This next week I will be at the beach for a family vacation. It will be my first opportunity to shoot some beach landscapes and possibly some sunsets/sunrises. By this time next week I hope to have something to show of the week (that is, if my lenses work!). Have a great weekend everyone!
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length:75mm Tv: 1/80 sec Av: f/5.0 ISO: 400 WB: Daylight See also Joe Thorn's, Steve McCoy's, Tom Ascol's, Joe Kennedy's, Alex Forrest's, and Laura Beth's Friday pics. For poetry and prose, check out Brent Thomas, and for history see William Turner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex F said...

I like that shot.

6/30/2006 08:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Alex,

Thanks!


Scott,

Bingo! How in the world did you know that! It was a wedding a Doe Run. You must have visited that outhouse before . . . :)

6/30/2006 04:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005