.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Young, Restless, and Reformed

I must confess. I normally do not read Christianity Today. But I will have to purchase the latest issue, given that the cover story is called “Young, Restless, and Reformed: Calvinism is making a comeback—and shaking up the church,” written by Collin Hansen. JT adds that “it's an excellent piece that profiles the Reformed resurgence in the twenty-something crowd. John Piper, Al Mohler, Joshua Harris, Kent Hughes, C.J. Mahaney, and Together for the Gospel are all mentioned.” Hopefully the article will be made available on the Internet in the near future.

That reminds me—I will be finishing up answering the question, “What Is a True Calvinist?” series this week. HT :: JT

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Very interesting. I look forward to reading the article.

Good to see you last week! Keep up the good posts.

8/21/2006 01:03:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to know, where can I get that tshirt on the cover?

:)

8/21/2006 01:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

@ Steve,

Good to see you too bro. Man, you have a beautiful family.

@ Scott,

If I am not mistaken, I saw a blogpost a couple of weeks ago with those t-shirts, but I believe it was John Calvin instead of Jonathan Edwards.

8/21/2006 02:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Correction: The t-shirt I saw was not of Calvin but Luther. You can find it at this URL:

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2006/07/luther-is-my-homeboy.html

8/21/2006 02:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005