.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Blogosphere on Ted Haggard

As I was watching the Louisville/West Virginia game last night, I happened to catch during a commercial break the news about Ted Haggard on CNN last night. I knew that this would be big news and was curious to see the shake down. I just did a little blogsearch on "Ted Haggard" and noticed than in the last day, there have been 598 blogposts on Ted Haggard, 160 just in the last hour - everyone from conservative evangelicals to the Huffington Post. I also noticed on my stat page a huge number of hits going to my response to Haggard's comments on the Babara Walter's interview about heaven last year. I think Justin Taylor sums up my thoughts on the subject, so I would encourage you to read his post first. Phil Johnson responds to say that this revelation is an indication that evangelicalism is "at least as much in need of Reformation as Medieval Roman Catholicism was before Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the castle church." David Wayne also has a few reflections as well. Aside from the allegations, accusations, and confessions, I want to ask regarding the outcome of this news. How great of an impact do you think this will have on evangelicals? Do you agree with Phil Johnson that evangelicalism needs a reformation as bad as the RCC? What are your thoughts on this?

1 Comments:

Blogger pregador27 said...

I absolutely agree that "evangelicals" need a new Reformation. Too much in the way of abiblical practices occur and are embraced. Let's face it- Joyce Meyers, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, T.D. Jakes and many more of that ilk are HERETICS, and proclaim a selfish, immoral gospel (which is really no Gospel at all), and they are embraced by many evangelicals. I wish there was a church door to post another 95 theses on! Maybe we (those who believe reform is called for) should develop a new 95 theses nd post it online!

11/05/2006 09:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005