.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, October 27, 2006

POTW :: 10.27.06 :: Broken

{click to enlarge}
Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a growing danger regarding apathy in my heart towards my unbelieving friends. It is not a militant apathy but a gradual, casual approach to their souls which is all-the-more alarming to me. Building relationships and spending more time with unbelieving people can exposure you to their lifestyle and sinful rebellion in ways that will either desensitize you to it or break your heart in such a way that you are wanting to confront it and call them to repentance. Far too often, I have just gotten used to it and excused their lifestyle without a passionate pursuit for the name of Jesus being glorified in their lives and His joy being extended to the depths of their being. I chose this picture as my picture of the week because it is a powerful picture of a little girl and her little brother in Ecuador who was begging for money on the streets of Quito. This picture has made it onto The Towers (SBTS newspaper) as well as Baptist Press earlier this year. It is one of my favorite portraits because their eyes always seem to pierce my heart no matter how many times I look at them. I pray that God will help me to have eyes to see people with an outpouring heart and lifestyle of sacrifice. This hasn't always been the case, especially as of late, and the absence of tears and preoccupation with my agenda is proof of that dreadful reality. It is my hope that we as believers will continue to preach the gospel to ourselves daily. We desperately need to hear it, to believe it, to cherish it, to understand it, and to share it. Without it, we will become careless, casual, and comfortable - none of which can be found near the cross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005