.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, October 20, 2006

POTW :: 10.20.06 :: Fallen

{Click to enlarge}
As I mentioned earlier, I do not have access to anything on my hard drive and cannot edit any of my photos; therefore, I have reached into my Flickr archives and put up a picture from the fall of last year. This was taken in Cherokee Park close to the seminary. As a matter of fact, I still remember that day because I went shooting with my good friend Ben Dockery who, by the way, allowed me to shoot a wedding with him last week. Conerning the laptop, I have sent it into the manufacturer. Fortunately, I found that I purchased a three-year warranty on all parts of the laptop, so I will only have to pay for the shipping and handling. You would think that UPS would give me a break because I work for them but nope. Oh well, I should have it back (hopefully) by the first week of November, just in time to write two major papers. A while back I had started putting up some posts dealing with photography (gear, technique, style, etc.), and I was wondering if there is still an interest in kicking around some photography stuff here on P&P. What do you think? Anyway, I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

yes, because i know nothing about it, but hope to get involved this spring. I'm going to study up on it over the christmas break.

10/20/2006 06:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Jason Coobs said...

I would love to hear anything you have to say about photography. I am hungry to learn! The previous posts about photography have been some of my favorite.

10/21/2006 01:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks guys for the comments. They were really encouraging and help me decide on future decisions on the programming of my blog. I will tell you what - I will try to put up a photog post by the end of this upcoming week. I am not sure what it will be on, but I hope it will be worth reading. I also have two other guys (much better photogs than I) who I have asked to guest post on photography as well. If they get around to posting, it will definitely be worth the read. I will contacting them this week about that.

BTW, since I have been on various computers, I have noticed remarkable difference in screen resolution and clarity. Right now, I am using a computer from the apt. office, and the screen rez is horrible! My laptop screen is/was a liquid crystal display with a resolution of 1950x1050 which is higher than the usual PC monitor. Consequently, I have noticed that my pics show up much darker on other screens. That's something I will have to factor in with my photos in the future given the assumption that most screen resolutions are something like 1080x960 or something like that.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that after looking at this photo on another monitor (it really stinks!). :(

10/22/2006 10:50:00 PM

 
Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

Yep, more posts on photography. Hope to be getting a 30D soon as I have settled on a job here - just moved back to IN across the river.

Will
www.theologiaviatorum.com

10/24/2006 08:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005