.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Christian Audio Book Sale

Before I left on my trip, I mentioned that I have recently developed an interest in audio books for my drive time edification (along with sermons). Tomorrow, I will share some of my reflections on the trip as well as the DG Conference and a few other things, including the audio books I listened to during my 57 hours of driving last week.

Like many of you, I have a little commute to and from school, work, and church. Over the course of a week, it comes out to be about 10 hours a week in the car for me. Now, if I am going to take my time management seriously, I need to utilize those 10 hours as best as possible, either listening to good preaching or audio books. While the run time of the audio books vary in their length, one can easily listen to an entire audio book within a matter of a couple of weeks. Now, how many people do you know read one book a week or two? Over the course of a year, it would certainly be within reason to think that you could listen to dozens of books through audio that otherwise you would not have the time to read. So what are you waiting on?

That brings me to the purpose of this post. JT posted yesterday that Christian Audio is having a 50% off sale on their new releases which ends on October 16. Some of the ones featured include:

Author: Nancy Pearcey Publisher: Hovel Audio Narrator: Kate Reading Run Time: 17 Hrs. 45 Min. MP3 CD: $12.49 Download:$ 18.49 CD: $24.49

Author: John Piper Publisher: Hovel Audio Narrator: David Cochran Heath Run Time: 12 Hrs. MP3 CD: $9.99 Download: $16.99 CD: $18.99

Author: R.C. Sproul Publisher: Hovel Audio Narrator: Grover Gardner Run Time: 9 Hrs. Download: $10.49 CD: $14.49

Author: John F. MacArthur Publisher: Hovel Audio Narrator: Johnathon Marosz Run Time: 8 Hrs. 45 Min. Download: $12.49 CD: $14.49

Anyway, be sure to check them out. Let me say, however, as a footnote, that there are some books published on the Christian Audio that I certainly do not recommend. In this case, as always, be sure to exercise discernment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005