.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, October 06, 2006

POTW :: 10.06.06 :: The Canvas of Split Rock

{click to enlarge}
This was a great moment during my backpacking trip. The sunset was brilliant, the skies were clear, and the temperature was perfect. This is a picture of one of America's most famous lighthouses - the Split Rock Lighthouse on Minnesota's North Shore. I happened to catch an artist completing his work (seen below). I included his shadow on his work as it is symbolic of the transmission of art. There is the Creator and his creation. In one sense, there is God and his creation; and, in another sense, there is the artist and his imitation. The shadow represents the impression of the mind of the artist as it resembles the source of his manifested work. Then, of course there is me with the camera. So there you have it. God, his creation, the artist, his canvas, me, and my photograph - all in one snapshot. Anyway, no need for futher explanation. It was just a very cool moment for me. :) I will post many more when I have time. Here's the exif data for those interested: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length: 41mm Tv: 1/500 sec Av: f/5.6 ISO: 200 WB: Custom (5900k) Please visit my Flickr Photostream and the Friday Photo Group as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005