.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm Back - Well Almost

Just wanted to check in and see how the blogosphere is doing. I'm back out of the woods, though not home. I have spent several hours tonight with my friend Joe, admiring his books and gleaning from his wisdom and pastoral insight. Although I have driven over 2,100 miles, I still have about 500 left, but hey, who's counting? Anyway, I will write more when I am officially ensconced in my blog chair. A brief summary of the past two days includes 12 GB of photos (1600+ photos), 2100 miles (in eight states), two nights sleeping in my car, three near death experiences, two audio books completed along with several other sermons, eight waterfalls captured, 16 miles hiked, and nice people all along the way. But the biggest thing is the aching to see my wife which I have sorely missed this past week. Lastly, God has been good to me through his providence and in prayer to make Himself known to me during these last couple of days. This time of silence and solitude has been very needed, more than I realized. I hope to write some reflections on the conference as well as my trip when I have more time. Thanks for those of you checking in and who prayed for my safety. And I want to give a special thanks to Marc and Joe for being so gracious to allow me to stay at their places during the trip. I have several more pic posts left of the conference, which I plan on posting every day until every speaker and/or session is completed. My current problem is that I have run out of hard drive space. 120 GB on my laptop and 180 GB on my external hard drive is full (well I have 144 MB left), mostly due to about 23,000 photos archived from the past year and a half. I still have over 3 GB left to get off the cards! Anyway, that's my lame excuse if you don't see anything for the next day or two . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Welcome back - almost! I'm glad you got to make this trip. Good experience!

10/05/2006 06:41:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005