.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Audio Books

I have calculated the amount of driving I will be doing next week, and it comes to a total of about 38-40 hours. Now that is a lot of time, so I have been thinking about how I could best spend that time for the glory of God and my sanctification. Unfortunately, I don’t have anyone riding with me who can read an entire book (as Joe did with Steve coming back from Greensboro). So I have been downloading a ton of lectures and sermons of late but have also been considering some audio books as well. So I was curious to know if anyone has listened to any audio books and what your thoughts were on them. I listened to a few a long time ago but have little knowledge about audio books in general. If you have listened to some, do you have any that you would recommend? For those interested in checking out audio books, you can find some at Christian Audio as well as this site which has some good audio of the Puritans and Baptists (also here some MP3's of classical literature from CCEL). Any input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have a bunch of chapel sermons from school I need to listen to. In case you didn’t know, chapel attendance is now a part of the academic requirements in some classes. So if I want to get an “A,” then I need to get up on these things. If there are other ways I could spend my time well while driving, please let me know. I really want to make the most of this solo trip, and I desire that the Lord use this time of solitude to school me in His truth.

6 Comments:

Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

Shakespeare on audio is always enjoyable for the car. Since we have children we normally listen to Frog and Toad while traveling.

9/25/2006 07:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Drew Scott said...

Um, when I have long trips, I checkout a John Grisham "book on CD" from the library and intersperse it with good music and conference audio. The quality is always good. Probably not what you're looking for.

Les Miserable was great on audio, too.

9/25/2006 09:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. William, I must say that I have never listened to Frog and Toad before.

Drew, I forgot about checking out audio from the library. That's a really good idea. There are some old conferences and lectures I really need to catch up on. Thanks for reminding me!

9/25/2006 10:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Hey Timmy

9/25/2006 12:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

What's up Terri? Still haven't got the prez to visit my blog? If he is too busy, just tell him I said hello if you don't mind. :)

Hope all is well in D.C.!

9/25/2006 12:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

I am sorry, Gavin, but I will have to pass on that one. I guess I am not curious enough. :)

9/25/2006 08:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005