.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Am I Breaking the Fifth?

Just curious. Or am I a . . . I haven't checked the percetange of alcholic content in the sunflower seeds, and I don't consider myself a good indicator of such, having never been personally acquainted with alcohol. The local gas station was without my usual David BBQ sunflower seeds, so I thought I'd give these a try. It just hit me at work about resolution number five! I think there needs to be an investigative study on the impact Jim Beam BBQ sunflower seeds have on baptist bloggers. I hereby declare myself innocent from all typo's, aberrant ideas, and waste-of-your-time posts (like this one). Just to let you know, I like the David brand much better. Besides, it is named after King David anyway, isn't it? P.S. If anyone is interested in hiring me to report to you concerning what bloggers are writing about, please let me know. I have connections - well, sort of.

9 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I have never seen it, but that makes sense. Soaking snacks in Jim Beam is about all Bourbon Whiskey is good for. ;)

So - how were they? Will you be traveling to DG with a bucket of BBQ sunflower seeds? I roll with Hot Fries.

9/20/2006 07:39:00 AM

 
Blogger Richard A. Bailey said...

True on the uses of bourbon, Joe. But a nice Bowmore single malt scotch, well, that's another story entirely.

9/20/2006 10:20:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Well, on a scale of 1-10 I would give them a 6.7. They were decent, but I don't think I will be buying another bag unless David sunflower seeds are not available.

I roll with Whoppers and Lemon heads usually but am open to suggestions.

"Bowmore single malt scotch" - that's Greek to me (well, I can't really say that because I know a little Greek).

9/20/2006 01:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Oh, another realization. I can no longer run for president of the SBC. I guess I will just have to opt for my sunflower seeds . . . :)

9/20/2006 02:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

schpeekun phruhm 'xpureants eh? ghlad too noh me not alohnne.

9/20/2006 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Richard A. Bailey said...

The good thing (for all us), Timmy, is that we are being sanctified. So, like your mastering of the Greek language, there is time to experience growth in other areas as well.

9/20/2006 04:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Amen Richard (you just had to be serious didn't you?).

You know, looking back on my blog, there are several instances where I have regretted writing what I wrote, or, didn't like the tone in which I wrote it. I have chosen not to delete them because they remind me of where I have come, the lessons I have learned, and calls me to continued repentance in my own life. I only pray that God continues to discipline as His child so that I can better reflect His worth and beauty in my life.

For all of us, it is a good thing to consider one another via God's grace and what that grace will make of us, not our own worthiness as though it intrinsically exists. Real sinners need a real Savior, and having to deal with the heinousness of my sin has been both painful and liberating, because it reveals to me the reality of Christ, His sacrifice, and righteousness which speaks for me. On my own tongue utters the words, "God, be merciful to me, the sinner." Gratefully, Jesus speaks to such a sinner trusting him, saying, "My righteousness speaks for you." Such a gift I don't deserve, and I am learning to live in light of such alien righteousness practically in my life as well as others. We are who we are by the grace of God, and as we continue to grow in that grace, I am learning to view my brothers and sisters (and especially those who don't agree with me or even attack me) with that same grace.

Now concerning the Greek language, I am getting my butt kicked. But man is it worth it.

9/20/2006 04:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Richard A. Bailey said...

Now, Timmy, I meant it seriously but also tongue-in-cheek as it pertains to the sanctification of your palate to enjoy a fine single malt.

9/20/2006 05:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Oh, sorry man. I must still be recovering from my buzz . . .

I guess my alcohol tolerance is quite low. Anyway, I guess that commentary was free.

9/20/2006 05:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005