.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Johnny Mac a Fisherman

This week I have been editing some photos back from the T4G Conference, in particular ones of John MacArthur. The other day I received a funny comment on this picture in which the person commented:

Is he a fisherman? Nice photo.
To which I replied:
Indeed he is. A good one too. Not only that, he also trains people in how to become fishermen.
You know, I don't think the guy had any idea who MacArthur was, but I never thought someone's first thought would be a fisherman. You know, there is this deal where they say you can spot a preacher in the crowd (such as the hairdo, suit, polo shirt and khaki pants, briefcase or palm pilot, etc.). For me, however, it has to be the highlighters. That wouldn't make me look like a fisherman or a minister, but it does seem to bring a lot of smiles on people's faces. You might just hear me saying, "There are somethings worth highlightin' in life, and if you don't stop and mark the moment, it will soon pass you by." Or something like that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me it is a customary black and red pen that I keep in my pocket, constantly. My youth group has coined the term "Scott's geek pens." Hey, nothing wrong with "geek highlighters."

:)

9/21/2006 07:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005