.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, December 22, 2006

POTW :: 12.22.06 :: oneway

[click to enlarge]
This is a photo of a street sign in downtown Quito, Ecuador taken at the close of our mission trip/culture study from earlier this year. I thought it would be fitting in light of recent posts and the timeliness of the season. Well, after eight weeks, about 30 phone calls (the last three being with the President and CEO of the company), I finally got my laptop back today. Now the tricky part comes in trying to reinstall the two hard drives. If all works, I hope to post some photos, especially from this past week's wedding. I also hope to post some from the trip to the North Shore and Apostle Islands as well. Some random mentionings: Dock, you are a stud. Any person who flies to Rome to propose to his woman at St. Peter's square gets an "A" in my book. Mr. Risner, congrats on your graduation . . . and for telling the pilot that I wear depends. (Almost) Congressman Hughes, thanks for choosing to be the editor of P&P rather than a U.S. Congressman. I need you more than the 2nd Congressional District (and I promise, I will change my profile pic soon). And to the other three people who still read my blog, thanks for giving me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. And to Mr. "Charles" of the flyswatter, I moved a lot of boxes for you at UPS this week. In case you still read my blog, I hope I made you proud. I guess that's it for this week. Much love and Merry Christmas! tnb

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I liked the profile pic in which you looked like the Iranian president (in case you care).

12/22/2006 09:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks for the feedback David. Yeah, ironically it was my mother who alerted me to the fact that I looked like Ahmadinejad, and now she is spearheading the campaign to change my profile pic. Now others are jumping in. I am feeling the pressure. It's a good think that I am not foreign to controversy. :)

I don't have a recent pic to replace it with. I guess I need to go with the warm, cuddly, not-so-terrorist looking picture of me. I will work on that one over the holidays.

But then again, if more people chime in for the Ahmedinejad look, there might be another "baptist battle" over this. Maybe we can one side make a declaration ("yes! we want Ahmedinejad look") and the other can have a convergence ("no, you don't look holy enough!"). Just kidding.

I am all about consensus. Maybe we can come together for the hairdo that makes me and all four of my readers happy. Let me get in touch with my blog committee, and then we might have a vote on it.

12/22/2006 09:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005