.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Round Up of Favorite Marquee Statements

I know you read them, and sometimes you laugh, maybe weep. I would like to come up with a working list of the best church marquee statements (good, bad, and ugly) and have a compilation just for fun. I will start. I have seen this one on a couple of church marquees: Try Jesus. If you don't like him, the world will always take you back. (I didn't know that Jesus was a taste-test or brand name. I am learning something new everyday.) Your turn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might like this.

Favorite I've seen around here: "The most important vitamin for Christians--B1."

5/17/2005 09:35:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some I have seen in the past.

Free Trip-Details inside

Go to God or Go to Hell

If you kneel before God you can stand for anything

If you don't know what direction to go-look up.

If you give Satan an inch he will become your ruler.

If God is in your passenger seat, switch places

Knee mail is better than email

Scripture is so much better. God's word does not return void.

5/21/2005 01:53:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why it says unknown.
I put my name in the name spot.
I, Teashea, posted the comment above.

5/21/2005 01:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

While leaving church today in Payneville, I passed a church whose marquee said,

"Keep God alive."

Don't get me started.

5/22/2005 03:00:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005