.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Random Stuff for the Week of 6/9-6/16

* I am glad to see that two good friends of mine have entered the "blogosphere." Jimmy's blog has a distinctive flavor of recent trends in culture blended with intuitive thought and insight. K.J.'s blog is simply his interaction with Scripture, implementing a very helpful and concise way of gleaning and growing from God's Word. I strongly encourage you to check them out. * I still have a few R.D.S.A. posts left in "draft mode" that I hope to get around to in the next week or so. A couple I think might interest you. Be checking in, and comment on, if you so choose on these posts. * I have continued to add weekly polls on the side while also updating the blogroll. You will see additional links, new pictures on the Zeitgeist, and new blogger's links as well. * I want to thank all of you who have checked out my pictures on my Flicker account. In just two weeks, there have been over 1100 views of my photostream, and I am thankful for your visits. Obviously, we are a visual people (whether good or bad), and pictures are worth a thousand words (mind probably less). What I Am Reading: A Wideness in God's Mercy (Clark Pinnock) for review/critique No Other Name (John Sanders) for review/critique The Glory of God's Grace (James Montgomery Boice) highly recommended The Reign of Grace (Abraham Booth) highly recommended Hope you have a great week! - t.n.b.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful there Timmy, if you keep reading those guys, you may turn into an open theist. But if you do, it will be a surprise to God.

T

6/11/2005 10:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

No worries T., I am doing an SRE this summer with Dr. Ware on religious pluralism with an emphasis on dealing with inclusivism. True, Pinnock, Sanders, and others like Hasker, Basinger, and Boyd are open theists, but they are also annihilationists, inclusivists, and fond of the Eastern Orthodox view of the Trinity. These boys are attempting to make Christianity palatable to the secular world/ideologies, and I just want to know them and their writings well in order to show how they are not noly not evangelical but also not biblical.

As O'Reilly says, "thanks for looking out for me." Check you later . . .

6/13/2005 11:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005