.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Delaney Takes On Kindergarden


Too Cool!, originally uploaded by Sola Lumina Captura.

Today is a big day in the life of the Wales family. My little niece, Delaney, starts kindergarden - a big step into the big world of education, friends, and tater tots in the lunch room.
Having been impressed with my niece's intellect and attitude, I am sure she will do fine, but I wanted to give her a shout out (since she is my best friend and all) and let her know that her uncle is proud of her! Who knows, she may graduate from school before I do! At this rate, it is anyone's guess . . .
Much love Delaney from your silly Uncle.
Oh, and don't foget that I have Greek and Hebrew awaiting (that is, after you graduate from kindergarden)!


Quiz question for all of you -

Why is kindergarden called kindergarden?
I am buzzled by this. Maybe I will get Delaney to ask her teacher so that I can know this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well kind sir, kindergarten is of German origin. It means "garden of children." Why it equates children with crops is beyond me. Maybe in Germany teachers used to hold each class meeting in a cabbage patch or something. I'm out. Give Hersey a high five and a treat for me.

8/10/2005 08:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Ahh, thanks Justin! Yeah, I was somehow trying to juxtapose children and gardens and struggled to find the link. Maybe kids that this age are "sprouting"? "Planted in the vineyard of life?" "Grounded in education?"
Anyway. Thanks for the answer. By the way, would that make the teacher the Gardener? And is she supposed to speak German? I know my kindergarden teacher didn't.
Hershey wiggled her hiney and winked to give a shout out back to you.

8/10/2005 01:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats funny, i guess the teacher would be the gardener. It made me laugh anyways. Can't wait to see ya'll this weekend

8/10/2005 04:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005