.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Random Stuff for the Week of 8/22-8/30

* As you may have already noticed, I have been updating/adding to the sidebar of P&P. I know that you can peruse the archives and find anything you wish, but I thought it might be easier (at least for me) to categorize the posts so that they are more "user-friendly" (call me Mr. Pragmatist - sike). Forgive me, I just wanted to use the word "sike". * Many of you are C.S. Lewis fans and know of the movie (The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe) coming out this Winter by Disney (wwhhheeewww, I am glad the SBC did away with the boycott!). There is a cool trailer that has some neat things worth checking out. You might need flash to view it though. * Tom Ascol, director of Founder's Ministries, has written a rough draft for a resolution for the next Southern Baptist Convention (2006) concerning Integrity in Reporting. I think that it is a great idea, on which would revive some credibility to the SBC denomination. While you are there, you might want to check out his justification of this resolution in the articles on Annual Church Profiles Part I and II. * Dr. William Dembski, prominent leader of the Intelligent Design Movement, has a blog concerning ID and the recent developments. ID has been receiving considerable press coverage, and it might serve you well to be informed on what the recent developments are (especially if you are in school or dealing with evolution or the issue of human origin). * Finally, I hopefully in the next week or two, will post a concise bibliography for anyone wanting to study the matter of decisional regeneration, commonly known as "altar calls." Many Christians think that this technique is etched in the Bible and has been practiced throughout church history. You might be surprised in what you find out . . . Until then, have a stupendous week! - t.n.b.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005