.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Brian!!!

My brother turns 28 today! I must say, I owe a lot to my brother. He was the first to teach me that Ray Ban's were cool, that Drakkar was the cologne the ladies liked in the 6th grade, that playing the drums was an instant qualifier to being debonair, and that losing in a game of ping-pong doesn't mean the end of the world. No really, my brother has throughout these year before me as a constant companion and friend. Often I can be found eclipsed in his shade. Figuring that he was my only brother, I thought I'd wear him out with rides to and from school, sports, and friend's houses, and bugging him with help on homework or advice. What I have come to find is that he has way more to give than I have to ask! In this, he has shown me the heart our Father. In this day, there is a lot of strife in families and siblings, and I am humbled to know and consider my brother (and my father) as my best friends. Together we have been through many seasons in life, but the unchanging reality for me is my brother's love, friendship, and yes, goofiness. Thank you Brian for modeling for me what a brother is to be like, that in reciprocating that example, I may have greater love for the brethren! Happy Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005