.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Random Stuff for the Week of 8/13-8/21

* There is a great flash movie about the church growth movement from the guys at Christian Unplugged. It is a short 3-4 minute movie showing up our culture has influenced the church. You ought to check it out. * Some blogs that I am reading that are worth checking out: Tim Challies - great stuff (especially book reviews and culture) Locusts and Wild Honey (Don Elbourne) - check out Piper's prayer and historical baptist leaders Steve McCoy (Reformissionary) Joe Thorn (Words of Grace) - Must read on Reforming Evangelism! Alex Forrest * As school starts back up this week, I am looking to bring some organization to my posts. I have some categories that will posting under - similar posts under the same thought/idea. I will still post random stuff as they arise in the future, but for now, here is a list of some categories that I will attempt to write under: GMOOT: Getting the Most Out of Tentmaking (see previous post) AWAKEN: Matters of Salvation and Regeneration RDSA: Reader Discretion Strongly Advised RANDOM STUFF: Weekly Updates NARRATIVES: Interplay with events in Jesus' Life EVENTS: Happenings worth checking out H4H: Hunger for Holiness OT: Old Testament posts PUNKING 101: Concerning cultural captivity FLICKR: Picture updates on photography work NEWS: I am a news-junkie o.k.? As I look to write posts, I will most likely title it something like "AWAKEN: _________" and so on. On the toolbar on the side (where RDSA and H4H already are, I will put the categories there with the posts if you happen to miss any). If I post something, and it is not in any category, then it is just something random I felt worth writing about. I will attempt to post at least 3-4 times a week throughout the semester. Because of the increase in demand for my time, I write less but hope to provide some readworthy nonetheless. Off to a new chapter in my life: Year 2 in Seminary. May God find pleasure as I pursue excellence in my studies. - t.n.b.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005