.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dick Durbin To Investigate The Flushing of Harry Potter

I thought I'd might catch you by the title :). No, I do not throw out a whole lot of politics on this blog (because that is not what it is for), but I do try to stay abreast on the issues (via talk radio, cable news, the internet - especially Drudge). I couldn't resist this one because of the humor it brought to myself as I thought about it. There was an article that was written August 8, 2005 stating that the most popular book in Quantanamo (a.k.a. Gitmo) was Harry Potter, followed by novels by Agatha Christie. In case you did not know, the investigation on the Koran flushing is in, and there have been NO reports or findings that any of the events ever occurred. Of course, Dick Durbin would not know because he was not a part of the Senate delegation to go down and inspect Gitmo. Instead, he simply rants like he has ants in his pants - saying nothing other than what we already know - he knows nothing. Gulag? Hmmm . . . Well, there you have it. A political post on P&P. I know there my be some Dick Durbin fans out there, maybe even some of his cohorts. If that be the case, could you send me a press release when he plans to make his PR and photo-op in Gitmo as he investigates the flushing of Harry Potter down the toilet? I am sure this scandal is too great to ignore with the mistreatment going on down there . . . Much love. Oh, and by the way, here's the article. And here's the Washington Post version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005