.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Book Titles I Find Funny

These books I noticed while looking through the Fall catalog of CBD (Christian Book Distributers). I got some hefty chuckles out of these, and the captions by CBD are provided as well. Unveiling the Diva Mystique: Taking Victorious Living to the Next Level! by Michelle McKinney Hammond. Are you a woman with 'tude - diva-tude, that is? Translating the lives of biblical role models into practical principles, McKinney Hammond helps you explore the power of your inner self. You'll learn how to control your destiny, take a stand for what you believe in, be productive and fruitful, and leave a lasting impression. Also by Michelle McKinney Hammond: * The Diva Principle: Secrets to Divine Inspiration for Victorious Attitude * Diva-tudes: Divine Wisdom for Living, Loving, and Overcoming * If Men Are Like Buses, Then How Do I Catch One? * Sassy, Single, & Satisfied Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman. Get ready to make beautiful music together! Dr. Leman's practical guide will help any couple stay "in tune" for an active God-designed sex life. Addressing a wide spectrum of individuals - with positive, negative, or no experience - his frank descriptions, line drawings, and warm and friendly tone will help couples find greater harmony through intimacy. The Purse-Driven Life: It Really Is All About Me by Anita Renfroe. Up close and "purse-onal"! Still trying to understand your husband after years of marriage, and constantly praying that your kids don't end up on Jerry Springer? Join this midlife crisis club for lots of laughter and wise advice - and discover the joy and deep humor of everyday life during those maddening, amazing middle years. You've Got Potential! How God Maximizes Your Life by Bruce Wilkinson An apple tree without apples? A Christian lacking godly character and good works? Both are fruitless and contrary to God's design. Wilkinson gleans from John 15, explaining how God's pruning yields focused priorities, purpose, and passion. Features true stories, practical guidance, and self-assessments. Now, I really would like to comment on these books, at least some of them, but I will defer. I've got to pray the prayer of Jabez and find my Divatude and potential in the Purse-Driven Life, because, hey, it really is all about me - right? Till then, I will be checking out some sheet music possibly to sing a new song to my wife . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read sheet music and it was awesome----it really helped me before I got married. I don't think you can really say anything about a book until you read it. This one was great.

9/19/2005 07:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

I'm am not doubting that it is a good book, and no, I have not read it. But come on, you cannot tell me that the title is not hilarious. Furthermore, the CBD caption makes it all the more entertaining . . .
I am not saying anything about the book, rather the book title - and I have read that much.

9/19/2005 08:39:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ok---i see now. i thought the title was sweet!! and the cover picture is great too:)

9/19/2005 10:04:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005