.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rainbow Falls

Rainbow Falls, originally uploaded by Sola Lumina Captura.

My description of this image: Rainbow Falls is located just past Turtleback Falls on the Horespature Trail (3.2 mile hike) in Gorges State Park. The falls is the second (as far as I know) only to Whitewater Falls in that it has a drop of over 200 feet. It is called Rainbow Falls because at different times in the day you can catch rainbow colors shooting up and out from the falls, if given the right angle and light. As you can see, no rainbows here, but a wonderful waterfall nonetheless. The blue hue comes from the custom WB done on site. Not sure if that was due to the low light (taken around sunset) or because I just screwed it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan White said...

Just wanted to let you know that your photographs are such a blessing. I am amazed at the pictures you take of God's creation (which inspire me to worship). I hope you don't mind me stealing a few to use on my desktop and in my blog!

SDG

Nathan

10/27/2005 12:35:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Tim.

10/27/2005 01:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Go for it Nathan! Glad you like them. I agree with what you said. As a matter of fact, I have been planning on posting some of my thoughts while backpacking through such majesty. Maybe next week. Take care!

Brittney,
Thanks for the comment! Glad to see you visiting P&P!

10/27/2005 03:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005