.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Taking A Little More Time . . .

I have noticed recently (thanks largely in part to my new "editor-at-large") that I have been typing my posts too quickly and have not been giving the editorial review needed in my postings. You may look and see that I usually post somewhere between 4:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. in the morning. Now, some of you may be thinking, "Man, he sure is spiritual getting up at 4:30!" The truth is, I am just getting off work (3rd shifter at UPS) and getting ready for bed. I write hastily because I need at least 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep in the morning to be worth anything during the day. Therefore, with one eye shut and the other on my clock, I find myself too many times rushing through a post which deserves more attention than I am giving at this present moment. The point of this post is to say that I am going to take a little more time to ensure that the posts are grammatically constructed in an acceptable manner, and if you so choose to correct my mistakes, please feel free to. I have been overwhelmed with gratitude with the growth P&P has undertaken in the past couple of months, and I realize that I cannot simply write randomly and roughly anymore. It is my earnest hope that what you find here will be readworthy both in content and form. I am aware that there are thousands of Christian blogs who say what I say in much better fashion and depth, but for those of you who are new or have been there since its inception, I want to say thanks for taking the time to consider the matters which both provoke me and/or cause me to passionately pant after the truth, God, and His glory. I honestly do not know what the future holds for P&P, but two things come to the forefront of my mind that are in my aim: to address contemporary and orthodox issues from a theocentric theological framework and to work to bridge the gap between Christian academia and the student in the pew. The reason for the latter comes from a surge of interest from people I meet who earnestly want to love God with all their heart, soul, and MIND, and want to be informed, engaged, and involved in the theological and cultural issues that are being sifted through ecclesiastical and academic spheres (proof of this can be seen in the spike of hits in my bibliographical posts on election and altar calls). I think the dichotomy is false and promulgated by false preceptions from both sides. Hopefully, whether you consider yourself a scholar, student, seeker, or anyone else for that matter, you can find a cozy seat in the living room of P&P. Wherever you are, whatever you read, whenever you come by, please know that your readership and comments are genuinely appreciated. - t.n.b.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro. Timmy; I enjoy reading your blog as often as I can. You're an amazing person whom God is using mightily. Keep on keeping on! Love you and Ms. Dusty

11/02/2005 11:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005