.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hey Bloggers - I Need Your Help!

Here's the deal: While in Ecuador, I met Joselito Orellana who is a missionary and teacher in Quito. He is from Ecuador and serving as a missionary to his own people. Last week, he sent me an email asking for help in creating a new website, so I thought I would start with a blog. His previous website did not generate any traffic nor did it really serve the purpose for which it was created. Therefore, I have endeavored to help him out upon his request. Yet my help is limited. I have about a 1st grade knowledge on the technical/formatting side of blogging. I hardly know any HTML and know nothing about feeds such as RSS and XML. Bottom line: some of you (probably all of you) know more about this than I do, and I am asking for your help. I have created a simple blog thus far with a stat account with Sitemeter and a Flickr account as well. I haven't registered the blog with Technorati yet. I also have created categories on the side to organize his posts (i.e. "sermons", "updates", "newsletters", etc.). I would love to hear what can be done to make his blog better. So here are two specific requests: 1. What can be done in the formatting/technical side to make his blog better? Plugins? Feeds? Programs? 2. What do you think about the set-up as it is? Am I leaving anything out that would be beneficial to his blog? Any links? Categories? Here is his blog: Joselito and Family If anything, please go over there and check it out. If you or someone you know is interested in Ecuador, link to his blog, and let's give him some exposure. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this, and for helping me in this matter!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe Kennedy said...

technorati tags.

1/24/2006 04:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Thanks Joe!

1/24/2006 04:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Kenan said...

Thanks for the info, Timmy.
I got to know Joselito and his family last Spring in Quito. Wonderful guy.

1/24/2006 09:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005