.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Changing Comment Policy

Although my blog does not have a record of wide-ranging and numerous comments, in recent months there has been a gradual change. The nature of my posts, as well as the ever increasing readership, has much to do with this. However, due to the unwarranted trolling and weekly explanation of refusing "anonymous" comments without disclosing identity, I have been forced to the point where I will no longer be accepting anonymous comments. I apologize for those of you who have appropriately used the "anonymous" policy and hope that you will continue to comment in the future. However, for four weeks straight I have spent unnecessary time defending an unnecessary policy which has pushed me to make this decision. Secondly, any attempt of trolling or hijacking a post or comment section for personal attacks or derision will not be tolerated. Such persons may be banned altogether from P&P. I know this sounds harsh, but I simply cannot waste my time arguing over something that is so trivial. Please know that I appreciate anyone's comments, as long as you take ownership for what you say. Several people disagree with me, and I refuse to censor or remove such comments as long as they are written in a reasonable manner (If you don't believe me, see my recent posts and how many people disagree with me). Trust me, I have my own set of Seasame Street band-aids when I get daggered, so I can take it. Thank you again for allowing P&P to be a small part of your day and for taking the time to read the matters that provocate my mind or cause my heart to pant after God. On another note, I noticed that over the weekend, visitors from P&P came from 16 different countries including Chile, U.A.E., U.K., Germany, France, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Guatamala, and Japan. This is quite rare, given that over 95% of my readers are from the States. My only guess is that some of the IMB missionaries have picked up on my blog reader for the IMB controversy and are using it to read what is being said (putting two and two together). If that is the case, I think the missionaries deserve to know what is being said, and I am glad that they have found P&P a place where they land on recent articles being written about the whole ordeal.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dangit! I loved leaving anonymous comments here!

:)

Peaceagxlkhn

2/26/2006 11:21:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

It better not have been you Mike . . . but I guess I'll never know. :)

Oh, and what is "Peaceagxlkhn"?

Looks like something you would have on a license plate.

2/27/2006 04:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Timmy,
I do read your blog but not for information. Most of what the states hears about what the IMB does we get first by emails. Thanks for the young points of views. I didn't see Uruguay on your list:o)

2/27/2006 06:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Michael,

It's great to figure out who you are! How are things back in Uruguay? Glad to see that you frequent P&P. My only question is if you don't read my blog for information, then what for?

The bloggers have made some very legitimate points, and they are not all "young" (I guess that is a relative term). As far as Uruguay goes, some countries come up as "unknown countries" and therefore are not registered. Anyway. Please tell Garrett I said hello. And if you get a change to see Bill L., let him know that I asked about him.

Glad to know things are going well down south!

2/27/2006 07:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I'll tell Garrett you said hi. He has been struggling with school this year. With all the transitions and new way of doing school has taken its toll on him. God has been faithful and we are working our way out of a deep hole.
Bill has transferred to England. I'm not sure on the details; he was gone before we got here.
I've been readying as many blogs as time will allow seeing how people and what people are debating about.
Once you live, breath and eat missions. You have a whole different perspective on what is debatable and what is not. Just for your info, the closest missionary and good friend that we spend time with is a "Calvinist". I don't like titles and never will. Spend time with is another relative term. I see him once or twice a month.
Love ya brother tell Dusti we said hi. Tell your mom we said hi as well. I sure do miss her pleasant smile.
Talk to you soon.

2/28/2006 06:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Hmmm, Bill gone to England? Man, I am sure Uruguay misses him. The other missionary I worked with was Chip (i think). He worked in the Cebollati area and nothern part of the country. Is he still around?

I am not surprised that you have Calvinist friends on the mission field. As a matter of fact, the overwhelming majority of missionaries with the IMB that I personally know are all Calvinists. It makes sense since the modern missionary movement was started and propelled by missionaries who were Calvinists (a la William Carey among others).

As far as the IMB controversy, many missionaries are reading and writing in to bloggers they know or trust. Many feel betrayed by the trustees, others encouraged. In my opinion, the bigger deal is with baptism and not the prayer language. And from what I have been hearing, the IMB may rescend their resolution before the convention in June as they have already rescended their decision for the removal of Wade Burleson from the Trustee Committee. Just curious, but what have you heard, what has the IMB been telling you?

2/28/2006 12:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

What we get is all in print so we have seen the same as you except we see it a few days earlier. I haven't heard the take back on the baptism but it wouldn't surprise me. From here it sounds like they do knee jerk actions then realize they didn't put any thought into what they had done. Just my option.
Ye Cliff is still here. He is carrying on the sports ministry.
I've started a blog myself on missionary living. Not sure how to tell you how to get to it. All this is new to me and I'm still learning the ropes. Title of one is "First year on the field and still standing".
Anyway talk to you soon.
Michael

2/28/2006 03:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005