.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Addressing Omnibenevolence Series

Since I wrote my last post "Addressing 'Omnibenevolence'", I have been able to doing a little homework on the subject. Because of the vagueness of the doctrine and the fact that it is being used as the central issue of a thesis in a future debate, I thought I'd throw some ideas out there for discussion. The series posts will have the same title (Addressing Omnibenevolence) but a different Subtitle (Part One: __________). Furthermore, some of the things I will post will simply be excerpts of scholars or other theologians and may not reflect my particular position. Some of the posts will include personal commentary and analysis, while others will not. The point of me posting this is to encourage all of us to think biblically and critically about omnibenevolence and be engaged in its application today. Omnibenevolence, as far as I can tell, has not been given much treatment, so the potential discussion and comments could be formative as it is certain that with such camps as Open Theism and Universalism using the term, it will not be going away anytime soon. So please consider joining me as I seek to have interact with this idea of "omnibenevolence" and what it means to us today. As far as what to expect, I will post excerpts from all camps and all sides of the issue. I will also probably ask probing questions, address certain tensions, and include doctrinal issues that are directly related to omnibenevolence. I will seek to be fair to present each camp as they would want their position to be stated (as if they were stating it themselves), but I will at times break away to point out where I disagree. Anyway, those are my thoughts for now. At this point, I think the series could be at least 10-15 posts, and I will include trackbacks to the previous posts as the series develops. Hope to see you around. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005