.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, May 26, 2006

POTW :: 05.26.06 :: Latinese

{Click to enlarge}
It goes without saying that when you see this picture, you immediately come to the conclusion that I have not taken many pictures lately. Well, actually I have, but for special venues (e.g. graduations, parties, etc.). Last night, while shopping for some former students of mine who recently graduated from high school (congrats Lee, Kyle, Whitney, and Tamra!), there was a huge storm which passed through Louisville. Ergo (Latinese), we decided to hang out at B&N, and I stumbled across this minidictionary of Latin. If you are like me, you come across a bunch of Latin phrases in books and articles and you think to yourself, "What the heck are they saying?" So I broke down and spent $6.95 to try to make myself look smart. One of these days I am going to bust out some Latin, and you will think I know what I am talking about (well, maybe). Seriously, you Latin speaking folks, lighten up on us unilingual folks (is unilingual a word?). We butchur English enuf as it is, so kut us some slak, okay?
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length: 28mm Tv: 1/4 sec Av: f/7.1 ISO: 800 WB: Tungsten Steve McCoy, Joe Thorn, Joe Kennedy and Alex Forrest also post pics on Friday. I encourage you to check out their photography. For those interested in poetry, check out ColossiansThreeSixteen. Also, Will Turner has added some history to the Friday menu.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Hess said...

Timmy,

Is that Mohler's library? What happened to the beard? Let me know when you plan on selling your Warfield stuff!

Have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!

Mike

5/27/2006 08:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005