.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Senior Wisdom and Weekend Blessings

This weekend, two of my former students (when I was a student minister) came up to visit my wife and me. Whitney just graduated high school, and Beth just recently got engaged (golf clap everyone . . .). Anyway, it was great to spend some time with them as we enjoyed some tasty pizza from Rocky’s and fantastico pies from the Pie Kitchen. Today, I had the privilege of preaching for my friend and mentor Jason Meyer at his church and will also be preaching there next week. My two messages have to do with John the Baptist (the witness of John the Baptist and the gospel according to John the Baptist). Anyway, good times.

One of the things I love about seniors is that they usually have close by their senior yearbook. While these yearbooks are always interesting, my favorite part is the “words of wisdom” or senior quotes. Here are a few I thought some of you could really benefit from:

* You can’t do anything about what’s gone, but you can do something about what’s left. – Rev. Joel Osteen by Linda * Only the good die young. by Troy * If you try to be someone you are not, you lose the essence of who you really are. Fat Albert by Ashley * The true friend ain’t the one getting you out of jail. It’s the one that’s in with you. by Katherine * Life is not always a race. If you are important, people will wait. by LaVar * In the game of life, everyone’s a player. by Steven * If you follow all the rules, you miss all the fun. by Krystal * Let the air go and the sparks flow. by Gregory * Do not fear a shadow, for it means there is light ahead. by Pamela * Keep ya head up. 2Pac Shakur by Felicia * I don’t acknowledge my experience. I just shed light upon them, no matter how many down falls that may come my way, ima hold my head up high, remain stable and keep it gangsta till I die, cause I gotta stay fly till I die. by Demetrius * Just remember, if your chicken ever starts barkin, you better throw a clown at the president. by Daniel
Now I hope that the quality of your life has increased exponentially because of the profundity of these senior quotes. Anyway, we enjoyed riding through Kentucky countryside and looking at all the horse farms around Lexington and Frankfort which ended in watching kids taking baths in front of Rupp Arena.

On a more serious note, my wife and I always love good company, and having Beth and Whitney around over the weekend was a great blessing! Just what the doctor ordered before a long, grueling week . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005