.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Greensboro/Memphis Effect

I have modified my title by calling this the “Greensboro/Memphis Effect” rather than simply the “Greensboro Effect” because it looks as if some of these blogs were repulsed or received enough provocation to started blogging as a result of it and not only the Greensboro Annual Meeting. Granted, it could very well be that some below simply decided to get a blog during this time and had nothing to do with this “effect.” However, some have explicitly stated that the reason they have chosen to blog is due to this effect. With others it is more implicit as one can easily deduce from their blogs and content that the effect has caused such responses. Nevertheless, this compilation is just that. It isn’t a recommendation of these blogs (some I like and others I don’t). Therefore, take it for what it is.

In the future as blogs continue to roll in due to this Greensboro/Memphis Effect, I will add them to this list. On my sidebar to the right is my list of compilations in which this one will be included. Also, some of these bloggers are also professors in which I will update that compilation as well. It will be interesting to see whether this “effect” will be long-term or just a reflexive of Greensboro aftermath. Here they are and the dates of their first post:

SBC Tomorrow (Peter Lumpkins) - started July 14, 2006

ConcernedSBCer – started July 11, 2006 Post Tinebrae Lux – started July 7, 2006

Beyond the Pulpit (Ergun Caner) – started July 5, 2006 Christopher Redman's Views and Observations - started July 5, 2006

Books, Culture, and the Gospel (Alvin Reid) – started June 30, 2006

Guardian Ministries (Brad Reynolds) – started June 28, 2006

Nick-Nacks, Notes, and Notions (Nick Kennicott) – started June 28, 2006 Saved by Jesus Christ (Wayne Smith) – started June 26, 2006 Semper Reformanda (Irreverend Fox) - started June 22, 2006

SBC Pastor (Jeremy Green) – started June 22, 2006

Conventional Thinking (Al Mohler) – started June 20, 2006 Reflections as I Travel the World (H. Edward Pruitt) - started June 20, 2006

SBC Witness – started June 19, 2006

Biblical Baptists (Michael Stone) – started June 18, 2006

In Christ Alone (Michael Estes) – started June 8, 2006

The Fullness of Time (Nathan Finn) – started June 5, 2006

SBC Outhouse (Jerry Grace) - started May 29, 2006

Southern Baptists in NC (Tim Rogers) – started May 8, 2006

Praisegod Barebones (Bart Barber) – started May 7, 2006 Last Updated: July 15, 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Timmy...your messages make me laugh!! ...you're cool too;)
I had an incident w my phone ("Shocking" as someone we know and love would say), so I need you to leave me a message with yall's #s. So glad you are back and tell Dusti I'll call her as soon as I get my phone up and running again.
Here is what I need for the paper: Materials pertinent to these questions:
1. In what sense and on what basis has God created human beings to be free (politically and with respect to their religious pursuit)?
2. What are the limitations God has placed on these freedoms, if any?
3.What consequences result from violating these prescribed freedoms?

This is the paper's rough title:
"Toward a Baptistic Definition of Human Freedom in Relation to Man's Pursuit of Religion and to Government."

Let me know what you come up with! Thanks a million!

7/12/2006 10:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Sure thing Nick. Thanks for cluing me in!

7/13/2006 04:14:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005