.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, July 07, 2006

POTW :: 07.07.06 :: Tempest

{Click to enlarge}
This past week was simply wonderful. The scenery was beautiful and being with my wife and her family was a real blessing. I was able to take around 700 images since Sunday, some which I plan on posting here in the upcoming days. However, I will try to post more on my Flickr page which I have neglected for so long! Even while my peturbing lens, things went well, and I apologize for taking so long to put up my POTW. I am actually enjoying a fat burger from Back Yard Burgers and taking advantage of their free wi-fi. Good combo. This image was one of my top five favorites from the week. It was about 6:15 a.m. and the sun had just risen. It was overcast all week, but the clouds were quite fun to shoot. What you are looking at is the Perdido Pass which separates Florida from Alabama. Our condo we were staying in was just 1/8 of a mile from this waterway. The white top is the result of the waves through a long exposure catch. The ones are the left are going back and the one on the right is coming in. Anyway, I really like this picture.
Here's the exif data for the photogs: Camera: Canon 20D Lens: 28-135mm IS USM Focal Length:28mm Tv: 1 sec Av: f/28.0 ISO: 100 WB: Custom (6100K) See also Joe Thorn's, Steve McCoy's, Joe Kennedy's, Alex Forrest's, and Laura Beth's Friday pics. For poetry and prose, check out Brent Thomas, and for history see William Turner.

4 Comments:

Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/07/2006 04:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Gavin,

No problem man. Feel free to use them as you like. I have been thinking about using some of the images as PPT backgrounds for my own use, maybe even throwing a verse or quote on it.

Thanks for asking however, and I hope they find good use in your ministry.

7/09/2006 08:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Andrew Lindsey said...

I read the following this past week and your picture reminded me of it:

"'He hath compassed the waters with bounds, till the day and night come to an end' (Job 26:10). This is several times mentioned in Scripture as a signal mark of Divine strength (Job 38:8; Prov. 8:27). He hath measured a place for the sea, and struck the limits of it as with a compass, that it might not mount above the surface of the land, and ruin the end of the earth’s creation; and this, while day and night have their mutual turns, till he shall make an end of time by removing the measures of it.” (from Stephen Charnock, “On the Power of God,” The Existence and Attributes of God, Vol. 2, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1979 reprint of the 1853 edition. 7)

7/10/2006 06:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Great quote and Scripture Andrew!

7/10/2006 07:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005