.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Friday, November 03, 2006

POTW :: 11.03.06 :: withoutyou

Well, I still haven't got my photography post up yet, but when I do, boy will it be good (well not really). This picture was taking on a Sunday afternoon drive back from preaching in Lexington last year. Dan was driving, and I was being goofy with the camera. I didn't think it was all that great of a picture, but the good people of Flickr liked it a bit. I contacted the computer manufacturer, and I think they are replacing the motherboard of my laptop. I don't know what that is, but it sounds important. My other toy, my camera, has gone down too. Earlier this week my wife was showing some images from this past weekend (we went to University of Alabama's homecoming) and was changing out the memory card when the slot jammed and now won't accept any of the cards. What will I do without my laptop and camera? Oh and did I tell you that my cell phone isn't working? I think I am going to go with the typewriter and telegraph from now on. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be camping out in the Boyce Centenial Library today and tomorrow (my wife is OOT for a wedding), so if you are in Louisville and wanting to hang out by the copier on the 2nd floor, come see me. I will be the one trying to figure out how to put more money on my school ID card. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger William E. Turner Jr. said...

If I ever get my 30D my wife is not touching it!

11/03/2006 11:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Timmy Brister said...

Let goods and kindreds go
This mortal life also . . .


I have had moments like this where I have either lost or had stolen from me valuable items before. For instance, my last laptop was stolen while being used in church (runnning PPT announcements). So I have learned (and continue to learn) that godliness with contentment is great gain - much greater gain even in the midst of loss.

If I sounded bitter about my "toys" all becoming defunct, it was intended to be in jest. I apologize if it was taken the wrong way. :)

11/04/2006 01:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005