.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Celebrating Two Years With My Bride


My Beautiful Wife, originally uploaded by Sola Lumina Captura.

It was two years to this date that my wife and I celebrated the union which God had ordained before time. What can I say in just a few words about two wonderful years? In such an occasion, words seem not only insufficient but almost belittling to the immensity of what I feel and know in my heart.
One of the things I have learned over the past two years is that I am a man of many faults. You know they say, "God knows you best and loves you most." Well, I agree, and my wife would be next in line. She loves me not because I am perfect, but because she has perfect love for me.
I only ask the Lord to be gracious to me to spare me many moments in the future to express how infinitely grateful I am to have a wife like Dusti. Sadly enough, too many moments have passed in the past two years where I have not said "I Love You" enough, even more so demonstrated that love in "laying down my life as Christ did for the church."
Two years. What a journey! What a blessing! To have at my side my best friend and an audience to listen to my sermons on the couch and whipser gently to me tender words to soothe a weary soul. I could go on in unending praise for this woman who is better than any dream and more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine. I love you Dusti. As one humbled by the greatness of your love and amazed at your passionate devotion to our marriage, I today, with solemnly joyous lips, utter "I Do."

I do love you. Happy Anniversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005