.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

prov·o·ca·tion - something that provokes, arouses, or stimulates. pant - to long eagerly; yearn. a collection of thoughts intended to provoke and inspire. these posts are hoping to encourage people to think, especially Christians, and pant even harder for the waterbrooks of the Lord. If you are not a believer in Christ Jesus, I welcome your perspective and encourage your investigation on these matters.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

On A Misty Morning

This morning Dan and I thought we would take advantage of the aftermath of what was Hurricane Dennis (which has been around here for about four days) to check out Tioga Falls to see if the flow would be any stronger. We arrived there around 5:30 a.m. and didn't realize that it was still pitch night (especially since there is no artificial light anywhere). It had been raining almost all night, and the constant, gentle pouring down made our quest questionable. We decided to go for it. Grabbing my little headlamp and a pullover and my tripod case, we began our trek. About 1/4 mile into the hike, it just hit me. I am in the middle of nowhere, can't see anything, and my only companions is Dan and the intimidating darkness looming around us. It was simply amazing. The ruffling of leaves, the constant whisper of wind above, and the beautiful yet calming stream of rain hitting us as a reminder of God's faithfulness. It had been quite some time since I had been somewhere so serene, so surreal. I couldn't see anything, but the moment keeps illuminating my imagination. With the "I believe I can" headlamp lighting our little path, we avoided slippery terrain and safety arrived to the falls. It just so happened that when we arrived, the sun had risen and ironically the rain had ended. It was like the previous 30 minutes we were in another world. As the mist and fog and dew began to fade away and the piercing rays above revealed our traverses, I had a renewed appreciation for things I all-to-often overlook even when I have eyes to see and light to see it with. I just thought I'd share a cool moment in my life. It was one I won't be forgetting anytime soon. No fireworks. No big grand stage. No huge price to get in. Just the nod from the trees and the welcoming air of a new day to beckon us to join with all creation in glorifying Him who does all things well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Nature is magical in so many ways. Thanks for sharing ;-)

7/18/2005 11:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counter
Site Counters as of May 4, 2005